Late night thoughts…
I recently just finished reading Pink Lips & Empty Hearts. What a great book! I am now starting a new journey on growing closer to God and really living in a way that is not of this world but uplifting Him in all that I do. This post is inspired by one of the chapters in the book.
Being a woman can get hard sometimes. We want to be involved in EVERYTHING. “Superwoman Complex” is what I call it. We may want to climb the ladder at work, start our own business, lead the family, be involved in the community, pursue higher education and so on and so on….
At times it can get overwhelming, but in order to be involved while putting your best foot forward, you need take a step back and re-energize. Below are things that has really helped me get over that overwhelming, overworked, tired, stressed out, and out of balanced feeling.
- Pray Seriously, praying and talking to God has really gotten me through rough times. Call on Him, tell Him how you feel, and don’t be afraid to tell Him what you want. Often times we get so involved in work or a project that we forget the #1 reason we are here on this earth; that is to serve and uplift God. Venting to God, raw and un-cut is not a bad thing.
- Learn to say ‘no’ Yes, we are superwoman, but sometimes we need to learn to say no. In order to put your best foot forward, you may not be able to do EVERYTHING. Learn to turn down some projects.
- Exercise Exercising is known to release endorphins which releases stress. Take some time to care for yourself. When I exercise I am focused on the exercise that I am doing, not the million things I have to get done that day.
- Me time go shopping, have a spa day, cook…do anything other than the work that is stressing you. I personally have a pamper me day where i wash my hair, put a face mask on, light candles, and paint my nails. So relaxing. I also like to get out the house for a bit. I go to the Dollar Tree, CVS, or the thrift store–somewhere where I won’t spend a ton of money but where I can spend a little on myself.
- Cry sometimes all you need to do is cry it out. After I have a cry session and talk to God(remind yourself that God is leading you) I honestly feel renewed and ready to conquer whatever I need to do.
I don’t know about you, but I want to always put my best foot forward and be the best I can be. Sometimes we just need to take a step backwards, breathe, and take some time out for ourselves.
What are some things that you guys do to re-energize???
Let’s stay connected:)
Facebook: Ashley Clayborn