Hello Sweeties ❤
I made this oatmeal dish this past week for breakfast and thought to share because it was so good and healthy. Oats are my favorite ingredient to cook for breakfast so this dish was perfect! I also had fruit that I needed to use up before it got bad, so I tossed everything in this dish and viola! a wonderful breakfast that I could also take on-the-go.
- diced apples *
- 2 c of oats
- 1 1/2 t of baking powder
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
*you can use whatever fruit you have on hand
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and mix all dry ingredients together in a big bowl. (oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt) Add 1/2 of the sliced fruit into the mixture.
2. In another bowl mix wet ingredients. (vanilla extract, cottage cheese, eggs, maple syrup, milk)
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix. In a foiled lined baking dish, add the mixture. Top with the remainder of the fruit.
4. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then another 15 minutes uncovered.
Yields about 6
This dish is great for meal prepping and leftovers. Give it a try!