Hmmm how am I doing on this challenge???…
I’ve decided to end the 30 day paleo challenge early. Although I am ending it, I have learned so much about my eating habits and what I can and cannot eat.
Reasons I’m calling it quits:
I believe some challenges are not for everyone and some are not always healthy for you. For me, before I started the challenge I never had huge cravings for junk food. When I did start the challenge, I was having cravings left and right. The point of the challenge was to eat healthier and having these frequent cravings was not beneficial for me. I also believe to have a well balanced diet, that you do need pasta, grains, bread, dairy, and peanut butter–some of the things you cannot eat while on a paleo diet–to a minimum of course!
What I have learned?:
Several pros did come from this challenge.
- I learned that I have a gluten and dairy intolerance. I would get extremely bloated when I would eat cereal, wheat bread and pasta, oats, and dairy products. When I started the challenge, the bloating went down tremendously. I was very pleased to learn this. I will limit my intake of these foods.
- I am also going to limit my processed foods intake. I will try to think of more meals that contain farm fresh ingredients.
- Piling up on veggies really kept me full during the challenge. I will incorporate this into my meals.
- I learned some alternatives for ingredients. If I am craving peanut butter, I can use almond butter. If I need milk, I will use almond milk. Thinking about sweets, eat fruit. Protein=a lot of fish, avocados, chicken, bananas, pork
- If I am not hungry I don’t need to snack. I think when I was trying to eat 3 meals with snacking at least twice a day, my body got use to snacking; even if I was not hungry. If I am not hungry, I will not snack.
- Last, but not least, I learned that I need to eat a larger breakfast to sustain me throughout the day
Overall, this was a great learning experience. I will continue to do different challenges, learn from them, and take what I need from each challenge and incorporate it into my healthy journey. 🙂
Check my previous post “Meal Prep Sunday: What’s for Lunch.” My meals are still healthy, I just have a little bit more flexibility because I am not eating paleo!
Until next time,