Hello Lovelies! I’m back with another post! In my previous post you read how I stay motivated through my fitness journey. Well to go along with that, it is very important to plan! Plan your meals, plan your workout schedule, plan your activities. Meal prepping can be very fun and very rewarding. I meal prep at the start of EVERY WEEK. (fyi: meal prepping is when you cook for more than one day). When you meal prep you do not have to worry about what you are going to eat everyday– you already have it made. You don’t fall into that trap of saying you are too tired to cook so you just go and get fast food. NO, NO, NO! We don’t make any EXCUSES around these parts!
This week’s healthy food prepping meal is a Greek Pasta Salad. Tangy and Tasty!
- 1 lb fusilli pasta (or any pasta shape of your choosing
- 1-2 tbs salt
- 1/3 c red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 tbs oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1.2 red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 c kalamata olives
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 2 tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 c crumbled feta cheese
1. Bring water to a boil for your pasta.
3. When water comes to a boil add salt and pasta. Cook. Drain. Rinse.
4. Place pasta in a large bowl and toss with 1.2 of vinaigrette. Chill in refrigerator.
5. Once pasta has chilled for about 30 min, add remaining ingredients EXCEPT remaining vinaigrette. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hr and add last half of vinaigrette.
I made this on Monday for my sister and I for lunch. It will last the entire week. That’s the awesomeness of food prepping!